Data Curation Workshop
Date: December 11 & 12, 2017
Location: Washington University in St. Louis, McMillan Hall, St. Louis, MO 63105
This free, 1.5 day workshop is open to all library staff and data professionals who are interested in data curation.
Participants will learn practical, hands-on treatments for data curation based on the Data Curation Network CURATE model:
- C – Check data files and read documentation;
- U – Understand the data (try to), if not…
- R – Request missing information or changes;
- A – Augment the submission with metadata for findability;
- T – Transform file formats for reuse and long-term preservation;
- E – Evaluate and rate the overall submission for FAIRness.
Attendees will come away with:
- A customized, implementable plan to enhance data curation activities at your local institution or organization,
- Stakeholder focused talking points related to the value of data curation activities,
- An in-depth understanding of specialized data curation practices in various disciplines, data types, and formats.